Funny thing about time… I started this post a week month ago, with the best of intentions to finish it and get it up. How ironic that a post about being committed to something is also the post that I delay writing the longest and actually last post I started before really breaking my commitment to writing daily. I was doing really well up till this point and then everything fell apart.
Everything has been suffering lately because of my lack of motivation.
- MBA – While I have been keeping up with school lately, I don’t feel like I’ve been giving it my best effort – I’ve just been doing enough to get by.
- Yard work – let’s not even talk about that, I’m sure my neighbors hate me and my weed infested patch of land.
- Running – sporadic at best.
- Fire Department – while I have made progress on the web portal project, other things have suffered – including responding to calls.
- Home Projects – I have a list a mile long and have yet to complete any of them.
- My Blog – clearly (this being my first post in a month) I’m not writing as much as I’d like to
- Complete Running - Possibly my biggest failure. What a great bunch of people and I feel like I have completely let them down over the last few weeks. I was able to get the forum up and running, but haven’t really had much to contribute outside of that.
I did run the TC 1 Mile last week and I feel like I did fairly well. I ran a 6:38, probably the fastest I’ve ever run a mile in my life. I need to find a way to get my motivation back and really build some excitement in what I am doing. I am registered for the Twin Cities Marathon in October, so training for that will begin soon. I need to get things together before my marathon training cycle starts so I can really perform well.